Creek Bend Farm
Creek Bend Farm ... Where History Grows.
The 310-acre park includes: two miles of Muddy Creek; 150 acres of floodplain; 30-acre Ohio Certified Tree Farm; 190-acre Roush Property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and as a Century Farm; Historic House (circa 1862) and Farm Buildings (circa 1871); and 3 miles of Nature Trails. The acquisition of Creek Bend Farm property began in 2002 with the assistance of a Clean Ohio Conservation Fund Grant and a donation from the Roush Family. Additional property was acquired from the Rakay Family and the Schwartz Family with a Great Lakes Coastal Restoration Grant administered by ODNR, and donations. Plans are to restore the property as an historical farm, using techniques from the 1930's, 1940's, 1950's with a portion of the property using modern farming practices as well. In Spring 2007, 30 ash trees were taken down. The trees were healthy, but soon to be infested with Emerald Ash Borer. The wood was used as floor boards in the barn. Thousands of trees have been planted in the floodplain on CR 92 along with 70 acres of warm and cool season prairie grasses and flowers. Research on-site includes fish, reptile, and bird studies. Creek Bend Farm officially opened as a Park District facility on Sept., 28, 2008. In 2015 the Parks District opened the Wilson Nature Center on the site and it is a FREE hands-on nature center with a library, bird watching room, room with animal exhibits and more.
State Route 590
Lindsey, OH 43442